Today is World Autism Awareness Day. Because my oldest little guy is affected with this horrible illness, this holds a special place in my heart. So much more research is needed to understand what this disease is and why it happens. Did you know:
- Approximately 67 million people worldwide are affected by autism.
- Autism is fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the world
- More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with diabetes, cancer and AIDS combined.
- Boys are four times more likely to have autism than girls.
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism, but early diagnosis and intervention improves outcomes.