Monday, December 8, 2008

Late Night Kroger Run

I made a late last minute run to Kroger on Friday night for a couple of deals before Russ and I left town for the night. I posted several weeks ago about how Pedigree would send FREE pet food coupons to anyone who had adopted a pet. Since we adopted our dog from the shelter I sent in all of the paperwork. Friday afternoon I had a coupon for a FREE 20lb bag of Pedigree dog food as well as 4 FREE cans or pouches of dog food. I took these to use at Kroger and while I was there I checked their clearance shelves. They had dented cans of Chef Boyardee raviolis for .45 per can! My kids love these and get them for lunches on the weekends or dinner occasionally. I thought .45 per can was a steal considering they are normally well over $1 each. If I'd had some of the $1/3 coupons to use it would have been a better deal, but alas I did not. Here's what I ended up with:


6~ cans dog food

1~20 lb bag of dog food

7~cans of ravioli



Total Before Coupons: $24.18
Total Money Spent: $3.15
Total Saved: $21.03 (87%)

1 comments:

"J" on December 10, 2008 at 2:36 PM said...

HOLY MOLY - What a deal!!!! =)