Saturday, September 20, 2008

My First Trip To CVS!!

I am so very excited to let you all know that we made our first trip to CVS tonight! It's about 30 minutes away for us (no CVS in Memphis), so I hadn't really paid much attention to the ads and deals until recently. Everyone gets the best deals and has the least trouble with CVS, and now I see why! They didn't have all the items I needed to do the 5 scenarios that someone had given me, so I kind of "winged it." I ended up doing 2 deals and now have ECB"S to spend on my next deals there. Russ and have pretty much decided on at least a once per week trip to CVS. The cashier was so very friendly, and helpful. They even have a framed picture of the "coupon lady" as she is called at that store, on the table as you walk in the door. She earned over $250.00 ECB's last month! The cashier said the most educated thing I've heard from a cashier yet- "Coupons are like cash money." YES, YES, YES! Someone gets it!! Here's how I did my 2 little deals-

Transaction #1:
1 Aleve Cold and Sinus D 10 count $3.99 earn $3.00 ECB
-2.00 Manf. Coupon
1 Excedrin Express Gels 20 count $3.99 earn $3.99 ECB
-2.00 Manf. Coupon
1 Purex Detergent $2.99 earn $1.00 ECB

- .50 Manf. Coupon
-$2/10 CVS Coupon

Paid $5.10 OOP (including tax)

Transaction #2:
4 Pert Plus Shampoo $2.50x4= $10.00
- (4) $2.00 Manf. Coupons
1 Purex Detergent $2.99 earn $1.00 ECB
-.50 Manf. Coupon
1 Dove candy bar .79

-$2/10 CVS Coupon
-$3.00 ECB from prior transaction

Paid .89 OOP (including tax)



So, now I have $5.99 in ECB's left over for my next deals. Did I mention I am soooo excited!!

1 comments:

Unknown on September 21, 2008 at 5:28 AM said...

Just veiwed your stockpile pics! WOW! Just wondering How u got all of that Sunsilk Shampoo? The pics led me to your blog (which is awesome). I will be adding you to my Sidebar in my blog so I can check back often!