Friday, January 23, 2009

Is he your only child?


Um… No. I actually got asked this question yesterday at the surgery center where my son had his tonsils and adenoids removed. This was middle son, age 3 ½. I’ve been asked this question before with every one of my children, but my question is why? Is it because I am a ferocious advocator for my children, because I ask a million questions before I allow various medical procedures to be done, because I get teary eyed watching them be taken off to said medical procedures, because I play with them, tell them I love them, hug them- what is it? What constitutes the behavior of an “only child mother?” I used to get really offended when someone asked this question. My assumption was that they were calling me over protective and a pain in the you know what because I had asked one too many questions or shown too much concern over something. Now, I just find it sad. Shouldn’t all children be treated like “only children?” Shouldn’t all children be treated with the same love, care and concern as an only child?


Now, I’ll be the first one to tell you that life as a mother to 3 children is no picnic. That’s an understatement really. There are times when I feel like running away. Just kidding! But there are days that get the best of me. That still doesn’t mean I love my children any less, and I certainly don’t love any one of them anymore than I love others. But I will always treat each of them as if they were my only child. I hope you do too.

4 comments:

Belle (from Life of a...) on January 23, 2009 at 7:22 PM said...

I agree...I have a son and daughter and I don't think that either of them would tell you that we favored one over the other ever. We've been there, and will continue to be there (they're 22 and 18) anytime they need us as long as they need us!

Lacy on January 26, 2009 at 5:32 PM said...

Hey Diana, I love your blog!!

I found you via Frugal Hacker.....

My husband and I have started a website called www.weusecoupons.com. I'm creating a blog wall, full of useful blogs that have a frugal christian perspective! We have lots of blogs that are already on the wall like deal seeking mom, attention target shoppers, and many more.

If you're interested in placing your button on our wall, let me know!!

All we ask is that you place a link to our site in your links area.

Here is the blogwall url:
http://www.weusecoupons.com/index.php?pageid=blogroll

We also have created a coupon database with YUI technology (LoL I don't know what that means but my husband raves that it's the best thing since sliced bread lol)

If you have any questions please shot me an email!

Blessings,

Lacy

Unknown on January 27, 2009 at 10:51 AM said...

lol I get asked this all the time too and I've often wondered why. I don't favor one over the other and I think they both feel equally as loved... that is my goal anyways! :)

Anonymous said...

My name is Al Malekovic (al@countrybobs.com) and I represent a very, very small company called Country Bob's, Inc. We are making a great sauce called, "Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce" and we would like to get the word out about our product.
I know that blogs are a great way to get information to the general public. I conducted a google search for food blogs and your name came and after looking at your blog, I was wondering if you would be interested in trying my sauce and perhaps reviewing it for me.

If you send me your name and address via e-mail, I would gladly send you a recipe brochure along with two bottles of Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce in hopes that you would write a review.

If you would like more information, I would be glad to respond to any questions you might have. In fact, if you are interested in interviewing me after you've sampled the product, I would gladly make myself available!

Thank you for your consideration. www.countrybobs.com I will also give you two two bottle give a ways and just email me the winners and we will mail out.