Friday, May 15, 2009

Target Trip Last Night


I made a late night trip to Target last night to see what I could find to go with the Kraft printables I had. Everyone has been talking about all the awesome deals to be had and I was wondering if our stores we going to have similar prices so we could get in on the good deals as well. No such luck here. Most things were higher priced here such as the Nabisco 100 Calorie Snacks and the Kraft cheese. I did manage to find some Chex mix to use with the $1/1 Target coupons as well as some clearance hand soap to use with the Target printables as well. So overall, not a wasted trip. Here's what I ended up with:


Total Before Coupons: $56.67
Total Money Spent: $8.79
Total Saved: $47.88 (84.5%)

7 comments:

Sheridith - mom to peeps on May 15, 2009 at 12:38 PM said...

I wish I was even remotely capable of pulling this off at Target. I consider saving $1.50 off Huggies a coup...hehe...you are a Coupon Diva!!

Anonymous said...

How ar eyou able to purchase what looks like 13 cans of Pringles and them not tell you this is too many per order?

Diane on May 15, 2009 at 2:06 PM said...

The same way I was able to purchase 12 bags of granola bites, 10 things of hand soap, 10 candy bars, and 6 bags of Chex mix without them telling me it was too many. They never ask. I simply place them on the belt, they ring them up, I hand them my coupons, they scan them, I pay and go on my way. As I've said before it varies by store. At this particular store I've never had any problems with the "one per transaction" line on the coupon. At other Target stores I've had to check out 32 separate times to get what I wanted.

CJ said...

I have the same problem with prices at my Target. Kraft BBQ sauce is 1.64, not .97-.99 like other people report. I did manage to get 5 more Bliss bars free but the cashier gave me a tough time about it because they wouldnt scan even though I printed them right from the Target site. Next time I think I'll print coupons right at the kiosk at the store, maybe they will scan better. I seem to have better luck with coupons when I use the express lane.

Megan on May 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM said...

Great trip! All of those snacky type foods are great for trips to the pool or picnics.

Anonymous said...

We made some of the same purchases, we spent over $50.00 and only paid $0.40. The girl had no clue what she was doing, but then we had another transaction and she said only 5 items of a kind. Sometimes I guess it is just luck...

Diane on May 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM said...

Sometimes it is just luck! :) If they don't know what they are doing sometimes they scan too many coupons I've found and then I have to correct them. Our taxes here are killer as well. Even on food items it's 7.5%. YUCK.