Thursday, May 21, 2009

Walgreens Take 2


Okay, so I went back to Walgreens on Sunday to take advantage of a FEW of the deals. To me, the deals weren't all that great this week, but there were a couple that we could use and were low enough oop that I could justify them. My rationalization was that I could buy a couple of the RR producing items and then buy the other items I wanted and use the RR's to pay, thus leaving little oop expense. Makes sense, right? Well, it would unless you have a Walgreens cashier on your hands. Sheesh. Anyway, story goes like this, I put some of my items on the counter (RR producing items) ring them up, check out. Easy enough. Ring second batch of items, hand over my coupons, mass confusion ensues. From what I can tell from my receipts, when prompted for an amount on my B3G1 mac and cheese coupons, instead of putting in $1.59 for each of them , he put $6.00!!!! What?!? Is that mac and cheese plated in GOLD?!? Anyway, when he got finished scanning everything, the register said that he owed me a refund of $1.45. I told him there was no way that it could be right. He insisted it was, and that "sometimes that just happens with coupons." Oh, my. I spoke to the manager afterwards to try and correct it and he told me to keep it for my trouble. I really just think he didn't want to be bothered with it to be honest. Anyway, I came out a lot cheaper on this trip than I anticipated. Here's the math:


Total Before Coupons: $61.08
Total Money Spent: $12.22
Total Saved: $48.86 (80%)


*Plus I still have $8.50 in Register Rewards left to spend from this trip.*

0 comments: