Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Target Paid ME!!

I am very proud of this deal. I honestly never in a million years expected it to work, but it did! Target has a sale going on this week when you purchase 5 Quaker products you receive a $5 Target gift card. My new store has the regualr chewy granola bars on sale for $1.25 each box. That's already an awesome deal with the gift card, but I was able to find some $3/3 Quaker product coupons to trade for, so that made this a SUPER SWEET deal! Essentially for every 6 boxes of granola bars, Target PAID ME $3.50 to take them out of the store! WOOOHOOO! Here's the math:


Total Before Coupons: $86.46

Total Money Spent: $9.25

Total Saved: $77.21 (89%)


*Now, technically this math isn't righ only because I still have gift cards to spend. I used the gift cards to pay for all but 2 of my transactions and I had items other than granola bars in my cart. I spent $9.25, but I left the store with over $25 in Target gift cards!*

3 comments:

Unknown on March 19, 2009 at 1:52 PM said...

Do you know if this is a limit of one GC offer per order like they used to be? I have a new store near me and would love to try this deal tonight when I go shopping. Thanks

Diane on March 19, 2009 at 2:02 PM said...

You can get as many giftcards at once as you would like! After every 5th item the register will prompt for them to scan a gift card. Happy shopping!

Unknown on March 19, 2009 at 2:06 PM said...

Thanks for letting me know. I was really hoping I didn't have to break it up into a whole bunch of transactions