Monday, March 2, 2009

What Is This World Coming To?


I simply can't believe it. I think I'm still in shock. Our house was ROBBED. It's even difficult to say that. It's one of those things you just think will never happen to you.

Friday evening we all went out to run errands and such. I had to make one more trip for Kmart doubles. :) When we were on our way home my phone rang and my husband went to answer it. It was HIS phone calling me. I asked him where he had left his phone and he said at home. I broke every speed limit to get home as quickly as possible. When we arrived Russ came inside to check things out and found that they had taken the glass out of our front door and unlocked it that way. They took every electronic item they could find including my husband's cell phone, our digital camera, camcorder, DVD player, Ipod, Ipod boom box and charger, as well as my kid's Atari game. We had to have missed them by mere minutes. We are 99% certain we know who did it, but of course no one can prove it. They would have taken our computer and TV as well, but since Russ is in IT they each have many cords and wires attached. Too many apparently to undo in a timely burglar manner. They missed my jewelry box because I had placed a pile of folded laundry on top of it just that morning to put away after the baby woke up.

I know these are simply material possessions, and I am thankful we didn't walk in on them causing a much more horrendous outcome. It simply feels as though we have been violated though and our house will never be the same. We have an awesome landlord who is willing to work with us, so hopefully we will be moving soon. Seth, my oldest son, continues to be scared of the "monsters." Please keep us in your thoughts in the coming days as we try to regain some sense of calm and safeness in our family.

6 comments:

Terry on March 2, 2009 at 7:06 PM said...

Wow, sorry to hear about the break in! I'm glad to know that no one in your family was home! I was wondering where you'd been. I hope you catch whoever did this too..All my best to you and your family.

Jill on March 2, 2009 at 7:15 PM said...

That's awful! I'm so sorry!!

Angie's Spot on March 3, 2009 at 8:56 PM said...

Wow, what a scary situation! I'm so sorry for you guys and I hope your oldest can move past his fear of "monsters" very soon. I have a friend who's purse was stolen from the front seat of her car while she was pumping gas. Her 3 kids witnessed it as they were in the car at the time and they are having a very difficult time with fear at the moment. It's such a shame that people do these horrible things to others and these tough economic times seem to be exacerbating the situation.

Steph on March 4, 2009 at 11:34 AM said...

I'm so sorry! Nobody should have to feel unsafe in their own home.

Rachel Lundy on March 4, 2009 at 4:41 PM said...

Wow. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. That's so sad. I hope you find a new place soon, and that your son will again feel safe.

Jen on March 4, 2009 at 9:03 PM said...

wow, I so know how you feel. Our home was broken into while I took the kids to school (not recently) they used a crowbar on the side door. I was gone 15 minutes.Thankfully, we have a watch dog, we found her cowering in her cage, but nothing was taken...just rumaged through. We have that door blocked now. I'm sorry you have to go through this.